It’s about time all you kids got a little look into my life, so here goes:
Brief basketball update (in honor of my last post): The women’s team made it to the finals and lost to LSU in overtime after being up by 17 points! Be very sad.
Information for those in the great white north: I’ll be in Toronto between the 12th and 17th of May, during which time I’ll try to make it up to Kingston and possibly down to London. I’ll be back again for the first two and a half weeks of August, most of which I plan to spend at my family’s newly renovated cottage. This means that I encourage all of you (including, and perhaps especially, the Americans) to come up. Seriously it’s going to be absolutely incredible up there – it’s really become my parents 3rd child and they’ve spared no expense. There will be your standard boats/lake along with a water skiing and tubing, a cottage boasting wireless internet access, XM radio (with sound built into every room), a newly expanded kitchen, porch with a fireplace, a hot tub, and of course, everyone’s favorite feature – Me.
I’m just kind of cruising more or less through life at the moment – I withdrew from Japanese and so now I find myself with a great deal of time on my hands. The major upshot of this is that I sleep a lot more (at least a full 8 hours every night – which translates to waking up no earlier than noon) and I’m feeling great. Because of that I’ve also been able to start running the last three weeks. Although I’m not nearly as consistent as I’d like to be I think that it’s helping keep me in generally good shape.
Speaking of health - I am getting old. This is important because, just in case you haven’t got the memo somewhere along the line I got gypped and now each and every day I turn a full day older. What the hell is up with that? In fact that has been going on undetected, downright maliciously, for the last 20 years.
Luckily for me I had a great group of people to disguise this rather disturbing set of facts in birthday cake. At midnight Varun came up with a really contrived sounding reason to take me down to the commons room where he and Michelle had a bunch of people waiting for me in the dark. I was somewhat suspicious that something like that might happen but I was not at all expecting the four silly string cans that were emptied on my face as I walked in, I surprise I took in good faith although for about 30 seconds all I could breath were the chemical fumes (mostly alcohol). The cake was awesome (strawberry crumble), the company was good and I was (and am) happy. Of course now I need to make sure Michelle has just as good a B-Day as she set up for me, no mean feat as (as many of you are painfully aware) I am the world’s worst all around Birthday guy.
All of this brings us to Michelle, whom many of you may not know. She’s a junior in Round Table, a Taurus, enjoys long walks on the beach (especially when the two of you are wearing matching sweatshirts and rolled up jeans so as to look like one of those disgusting couples on the front of a beach brochure) and going out with me. Hopefully these tid-bits and the one blurry picture I was able to find will be enough to sate the information hungry jackals for now.

Brief basketball update (in honor of my last post): The women’s team made it to the finals and lost to LSU in overtime after being up by 17 points! Be very sad.
Information for those in the great white north: I’ll be in Toronto between the 12th and 17th of May, during which time I’ll try to make it up to Kingston and possibly down to London. I’ll be back again for the first two and a half weeks of August, most of which I plan to spend at my family’s newly renovated cottage. This means that I encourage all of you (including, and perhaps especially, the Americans) to come up. Seriously it’s going to be absolutely incredible up there – it’s really become my parents 3rd child and they’ve spared no expense. There will be your standard boats/lake along with a water skiing and tubing, a cottage boasting wireless internet access, XM radio (with sound built into every room), a newly expanded kitchen, porch with a fireplace, a hot tub, and of course, everyone’s favorite feature – Me.
I’m just kind of cruising more or less through life at the moment – I withdrew from Japanese and so now I find myself with a great deal of time on my hands. The major upshot of this is that I sleep a lot more (at least a full 8 hours every night – which translates to waking up no earlier than noon) and I’m feeling great. Because of that I’ve also been able to start running the last three weeks. Although I’m not nearly as consistent as I’d like to be I think that it’s helping keep me in generally good shape.
Speaking of health - I am getting old. This is important because, just in case you haven’t got the memo somewhere along the line I got gypped and now each and every day I turn a full day older. What the hell is up with that? In fact that has been going on undetected, downright maliciously, for the last 20 years.
Luckily for me I had a great group of people to disguise this rather disturbing set of facts in birthday cake. At midnight Varun came up with a really contrived sounding reason to take me down to the commons room where he and Michelle had a bunch of people waiting for me in the dark. I was somewhat suspicious that something like that might happen but I was not at all expecting the four silly string cans that were emptied on my face as I walked in, I surprise I took in good faith although for about 30 seconds all I could breath were the chemical fumes (mostly alcohol). The cake was awesome (strawberry crumble), the company was good and I was (and am) happy. Of course now I need to make sure Michelle has just as good a B-Day as she set up for me, no mean feat as (as many of you are painfully aware) I am the world’s worst all around Birthday guy.
All of this brings us to Michelle, whom many of you may not know. She’s a junior in Round Table, a Taurus, enjoys long walks on the beach (especially when the two of you are wearing matching sweatshirts and rolled up jeans so as to look like one of those disgusting couples on the front of a beach brochure) and going out with me. Hopefully these tid-bits and the one blurry picture I was able to find will be enough to sate the information hungry jackals for now.

Labels: basketball, birthday, cottage, japanese, michelle, relationship
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home