Things have worked out… (for the best?). Happy Valentines day Tiff!
Anyways I suppose I have a few things to report. First off - I got into RT! Woohoo! Turns out they only let in 14 people after holding an eleven hour meeting on Saturday. 8 guys and 6 girls. I was really surprised at the choices - a lot of people I thought were getting in for sure were waitlisted or not even asked. Of the guys, all the freshman (six of us) come from GA, which means that this "generation" is going to be awesome. On the girls’ side, I only anticipated one of them getting in... Some of the others I'd never even met, and I was at most of the rush events. Something weird went on there. Julie and Margo didn't get in, though they are first and second on the wait list, so there is still hope for them. The female choices have confused all of the people I know. Still the odds of all my guy friends getting in were tiny and so this turn of events is awesome. Seriously. We're talking almost non-existent. In previous years I know they used the wait list, but I know that all the guys will probably accept and most of the girls might, so I'm more than a little worried for Julie and Margo. Still that kind of enthusiasm will, once again, make for one of the best RT groups of all time. I'm excited!
There was the UNC game last Wednesday, and we won 71-70. They even had the ball at 18.2 seconds to go and ran it down the court only to not only get blocked by the defense but end up falling out of bounds! They didn’t even get off a bad shot. That was probably the best rivalry game of all time, since the UNC/Duke rivalry started in the 20’s and I was here to witness it. Wow. After the game we burned benches, the pictures of which many of you have been forced to look at (in my excitement). The bonfire permit we had allowed 3 benches to be burned at any given time for a period of 2 hours. At one point there were around 15 along with couches and mattresses. Needless to say, our permit was revoked after 45 mins and the firemen put it out to booing. These are not normal benches either, they are massive benches that each housing section builds every year, and they are approx the size of a car (ranging from sedan to SUV).
Chi Psi is still trying to recruit me although I've tried to make it nicely clear to them that eternal brotherhood is not worth 475$ a semester to me. They're good guys and all, but I don't want to become a frat guy just because my friends are guilting me into it. Sorry Devin, Will and Rachel... It's just not my thing. On the plus side I'm not half bad at pong - I don't have an arc, but my balls hit more often than not. Sure they bounce out half the time, but that still leaves me with a decent percentage.
You, of course, don't have to agree with me, and I doubt many of you will. Oddly enough I see women actually having more trouble accepting this than men. Then again those of you who read my blog are hardly typical, so who knows?
Thank god I wasn't born a "Manly Man", and that I am comfortable with just who I actually am. Oh - point of interest, The Spark Gender Test could only label me a man with an 8% certainty rate. I was amused.
Length of Post? 1,006 Words.
And I’m not even bored yet!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home