Monday, January 24, 2005

Round Table Rush

Ok, so there are several options for rooming next year, but the more I look at them the less I like them. When my friends began to consider selective housing as an alternative I was considerably less than enthusiastic about it, after all if I lived with my friends next year why should I care where I lived? All of the dorms are more of less good. Even if I was to be shuffled off to central for senior and possibly junior year it didn't matter all that much too me. But now my friends were rushing *insert menacing music*. Sure the location is good, but will they let us all in? Will we be split up? Probably. I hate competing for a place, especially when it means that several others won't make it in. And what if it turns out I'm not suited for it; several of the roundtablers are scholars of one kind or another, and my grades weren't stellar last term. So we have come to the conclusion that I stand firmly against rushing selective housing ok?

Good.

I'm rushing selective housing. Not only am I doing it but I'm taking it seriously, I will attend as many of the events as possible, get to know as many of the people as I can, do at least 3 drafts of the application (which I have re-typed because I think turning in a handwritten copy would be sloppy). I've gotten too know exactly what Round Table stands for (3 pillars - Student Student, Student Faculty, Student Community), and god help me, I'm nervous/excited about the whole thing. I'll be doing something with them every night between now and the 7th when interviews start. Will I get in? Should I care?
I do care. I will do my best. This could be a moment that will shape the next 3 years of my life.

Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home