[Althought this actually got posted at 10:30am it was written last night, but blogger wasn't co-operating]
I'm just going to ramble for a while... I don't feel particularly tired but there really isn't a whole lot I want to do at the moment. Tomorrow I'm going to start studying (or later today, really) but so long as the sun isn't up I don't feel like I need to (although I guess there isn't too much longer before that either). Let's see... I have a few things that I should talk about, although the far side is distracting me.
Thanksgiving:
American thanksgiving a while ago and I was planning on getting some work done around here. I could have gone back to
Well come Tuesday night I was wandering by my friend Brook's room and in it were her, my friend Kathy and Brook's mom. They asked when I was going home for the weekend and I told them I wasn't, and they asked if I could be ready in 30 mins. I felt really divided because I'd settled in for a nice calm weekend and I'd already turned William down, but in the end I went. Rachel is (understandably) a little pissed off, and I can't escape the fact that I am a bit of a bastard but I suppose that I never pretended to be perfect.
We spent a few days at her grandparents' house before going up to her place in Ashville after thanksgiving dinner on Thursday. Ashville is odd and a bunch of fun. It has to be the most liberal town I've ever visited, as well as one of the more scenic. It's located right up in the mountains and most of you know I love mountains more than just about anything (almost as much as I like skies). We went hiking and while I'm horribly out of shape I had an amazing time, you wouldn't believe the view. Brook is a huge basketball fan so we came back for the basketball game on Saturday, and that was it. (We won 98 to 41... a good game, although it pails next to the
Last Night:
I hadn't had anything to drink in a few weeks and hadn't been drunk in over a month, simply because recently I didn't feel like it. This means that recently my friends have been lacking in Dave stories, to the detriment of all. Well no more! Last night I rectified that in a most spectacular fashion. You see my friends
Well I had a fridge full of beers I had to clear out for the break and I certainly wasn't going to drink during exam period so I loaded up a backpack and went out last night. At first we went to a freshman party - the first I'd ever seen with alcohol (I picked up a few more drinks there), and was surprised the RA didn't bust them. Then, having polished off the alcohol (about 12 drinks) I headed out to a club with my friends. The club is a few blocks off campus and I'd never been to it (Shooters) before as I don't do the club/dancing scene. Last night was no exception... I tried dancing but grew bored shortly after and decided to head back.
Leaving the club I made a crucial mistake; I messed up east and west. Heading in what I thought to be the right direction and finding what I thought might be a part of the campus I headed in, jumping fences and walking around. Turns out it was just a big school, but I wandered it for the better part of 2 hours (I believe). Hopelessly lost and off the campus I give my friends a call. We're all freaking out at this point because I don't know where I am and they think I'll be killed. Staying in the shadows I search for, and eventually find an address in a decidedly industrial area. I call a cab and hide while I wait for it to show up. I've never been so happy to see East Campus before. This is home and I love it. Now I'm back, home, some dirt, a few bruises and a ripped pair of shorts later. Everyone was surprised that I made it back alive and I've had people come up to talk about my random escapades all day (as is usual after a night of drinking... I'm the stuff legends are made of, lol). The moral? Don't go clubbing.
Embarrassing:
Oh I remember when you were embarrassed, don't you worry. I promised myself I wouldn't mention it until I got back to
[Editor's Note from the future, 05/18/2008: I wish I hadn't used my blog to send personal messages]
Labels: basketball, brooke, clubbing, drinking, thanksgiving
2 Comments:
haha, this is the comment you were too tired to make last night? I was hoping for something epic...
Graphic? I'm intregued...
Post a Comment
<< Home