Tuesday, December 21, 2004

2:48am
A few things I've been meaning to post that I just haven't got around to putting up here:

If it feels like I've been avoiding you...
I haven't been avoiding *anyone* since I've been back. And yes, that includes you, you and even you. If I haven't been around as much as you'd like then I apologize, I've been trying to see as many people as possible and still get in some personal time. Right now we're looking at a 50-50 split between social and personal time; even when I was spending 99% of my available time on social pursuits (and a good 50% of my unavailable time to the determent of other things) I wasn't able to spend time with everyone. I'm doing my best.

Some people just seem to want my body...
For dissection of course. What did you think I was talking about? Ok, so this is an older story, but when I was giving blood mid November I struck up a conversation with a person at the juice table (she had been draining on the chair next to me). Her friend walks over and the talk continues, and eventually lands upon passing out after giving blood. I mention that I had, briefly, passed out but I attributed it to my one lung. Lets let my friend Kathy take over (she loves this story):
"My friend dave gave blood today. dave has one lung. dave was sitting after giving blood, minding his own business, and enjoying refreshments when the two ladies next to him strike up a conversation. When the fact that Dave only has one lung came up in the conversation (as often happens with one-lung-dave) the two young ladies became rapturous. Creepily rapturous. They told dave that he should donate his cadaver to science, that they really wanted to dissect him. Then compared him to the 84 yr old cadaver that they had dissected that day."
Weirdest ten minutes of my life. They were more than a little serious. My polite noises did not seem to deter them.


10:21am
I fell asleep. More another time.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home