Election Results are in. My college years will be Bush years.
I told myself this would happen, and didn't feel all that invested in the election (although I did, of course, vote). But as the night dragged on and Bush began to really look like he might win I felt myself getting depressed and realized how much it did matter. A republican government feels like it will turn back social order, instigating reform away from the 'future' and strait into the ignorant past. Not only that but the supreme court, the only body that could stop the growing republican presence within nearly every government body, will probably become republican as well. This does not bode well for the country. Not at all.
Back to work, if you glance at the list bellow you'll see I'm (continually) horribly behind. Here's to hoping for a bright future....
I told myself this would happen, and didn't feel all that invested in the election (although I did, of course, vote). But as the night dragged on and Bush began to really look like he might win I felt myself getting depressed and realized how much it did matter. A republican government feels like it will turn back social order, instigating reform away from the 'future' and strait into the ignorant past. Not only that but the supreme court, the only body that could stop the growing republican presence within nearly every government body, will probably become republican as well. This does not bode well for the country. Not at all.
Back to work, if you glance at the list bellow you'll see I'm (continually) horribly behind. Here's to hoping for a bright future....
Labels: Election, george bush, politics
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home