Well my first day home. Slept in till a phone call woke me up at 3:30pm (thanks beth). Now lets see the trip. Here to London, wandered the streets of London, then on to Bankok and finnally Sydney. 5 days in Sydney. 5 extremely boring days. Drove up to Hunter Valley where I spent xmas, nice area, biked around but again not much to do. Drove for 2 long long days up to Brisbane which was even better than Sydney, the rooms had huge ceilings - maybe 25 feet. Next day a plane trip to an island followed by a long boat ride to Haymen island. This is perhaps the most increadable place I ever had or ever will stay at. Kiaked, snorkled, swam, wind surfed, catamaraned. Good food, good sun. finally another plane ride up to Cains and an hour drive into the rainforest. it was interesting but I'm never ever going back. I'm the type of guy comfortable in freezing dry weather, who doesn't mind a bit of snow. Heat isn't much fun for me and humidity kills me. It literally seems to suck the life right out of me. I'm none to fond of insects or spiders either. and there you have the rainforest - hot, humid, and more bugs than you can imagen. 5 more days and I'm on the road to Cains, in a plane to Sydney and overnight there before flying out. 25.5 hours to London, and you know the rest. Today has been a great day and tomorow I have school. (maybe if I bury myself in the snow for a day they'll overlook me).
Dave
Dave
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home