Thursday, January 09, 2003

I've decided to copy and paist all of the stuff I randomly typed into katy's blog and update it since I'm finally home. I don't feel like doing a trip overview or anything, maybe I will later... I really has to do with the issue of lazyness. To be more specific... I am. Here it is folks:

#1 Jan 08 2003, 03:49 am

I can see it, yes and thank you. Actually I'm just going through blogs, writing comments without meaning or substance.. It turns out the london airport is boring. I'm finnally out of austrailia, and it only took 25.5 hours on a plane to do it. here for 7 hours and back on a plane for another 8. but really I'm just in limbo. time has no meaning, I travel for 40.5 hour and yet I leave tuesday at 4:30pm and get back wensday at 3:30pm... days no longer have the same lenght since I'm traveling west, they get steched out. its 3:30am in toronto (I think...) and yet I've been up for quite a while, my body says that its 2:30pm and apparently I will be up for quite some time. I take cat naps here and there reducing my sleep/wake cycle to random 3-7 hour intervals. Maybe I just need a blog space of my own so I won't clutter up some other poor soal's whenever I'm feeling bored 5 time zones away. my flight leaves in just under 4 hours... but instead of seeing how much meaningless shit I can pile on here I think I'll stop for now. oh and aussie is a great country - really it is. just don't let someone con you into spending 5 days of your time there in the rainforest, you may here from me later, in travel limbo,
Dave

#2 Jan 08 2003, 03:56 am

Oh and just an add on (perhaps because I've had a bit ) did you know they have entirely free, unsupervised wine in this basicly unpopulated section of the british airways lounge? gotta love the british... anyways see ya, (hope they don't have any camera's rigged),
Dave

#3 Jan 08 2003, 03:57 pm

Well here I am, 12 hours later. and yet still in London. (only the shittier terminal.) You see after 5 hours in the plane on the ground, giving excuse after excuse (aparently snow flurries are enough to shut down the allmighty airport) the crew informed us that if they were to take off at that point they would work longer than their union allowed. and what did they do about this? did they get a new crew? No. Did they cancel the flight along with a dozen others turning this place into airport hell, where no one has any idea how or when they can get to toronto? yes, they thought this the best thing to do. I even have a nice photocopied letter from "Molly Power, Customer Servace Manager" given out quite sincerely to me and the other few hundred passangers. oh and I qoute "... unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather prevent us from operating our slights as schedualed" yes 'slights'. on the contrary their slights arrived loud and clear. so here I am, long without sleep, my new flight just bumped back another hour. My conclusion? I need to get off my lazy (metiphorical) ass and get my own blog. sorry for cluttering yours katy. anyways you all should be just getting out of school, still in limbo,
Dave

Well there it is. 64 hours after leaving the hotel in Sydney I arrive back at home. Approx. 38 hours spent cramped up on a plane. I no longer respond to minor things like "time zones", I think I'll stay up for a while. but as I said, sadly, I am lazy and can't be bothered to write more.
The man in Limbo

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home